This charming little book reveals some of the most beautiful walking routes in Paris. John Baxter argues the best way to see a city is to walk; I totally agree.
I love walking around Paris and taking in the sights. The skies seem bluer there. And nothing beats the backdrop of the beautiful buildings. Plus there are endless side streets to get lost and marvel in.
Here are some things we saw and did on our walks around Paris for four days.
- Les Editions OFR– a store of beautiful books and ideas
- BlackRainbow– streetwear boutique
- French Trotters– men and women’s wear curated from around the world
- Merci– designer clothes and items in a sunny, loft space
- Starcow– mens streetwear
- Colette– 3-story mecca of hip and unique clothes, accessories, and miscellaneous tchotchkes
- Le Bon Marché– department store
- La Grande Epicerie– fine foods displayed gorgeously
- Pigalle– designer boutique (where I fell in love with a Rick Owens piece)
- Abou d’Abi Bazar– a boutique in the Marais where I bought the most cozy sweater
I also bought this piece of art from an interior design boutique called The Collection. The panel paper created by French book illustrator, Marina Vandel, is a drawing of a bookshelf crammed with colorful and meaningful items.
And a trip to Paris wouldn’t be complete without a visit to my favorite bookstore on earth, Shakespeare & Company.
- Eiffel Tower
- Sacré Cœur
- The Louvre
- Jardin du Luxembourg
- Jardin des Tuileries
- (I wish we’d had the time and energy to go to Père Lachaise cemetery, but sadly I started feeling under the weather on our last day)
- L’as du Fallafel– best Parisian streetfood. Why don’t the carts in New York make their falafel pitas stuffed with eggplants and veggies this way??
- Café de Flore– where the Surrealists, Existentialists and writers like Hemingway used to hang out
- Pierre Hermé– their croissants, wow.
- Café Le Nemours
- Le Soufflé– 3 course meal of all soufflé dishes
- Breizh Café– buckwheat crêpes
- Cheese, lots of it
We also had the opportunity to drive an hour outside of Paris to attend the wedding of our dear friends. We spent two nights at a farm and danced until the wee hours of the morning, celebrating love. A perfect way to end our vacation.
Thanks for letting me share my photos with you! Please let me know if you have any recommendations for the next time we go to Paris!
Cool places to buy a copy of THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WALK IN THE WORLD:
Little Luxuries Gifts and Accessories store in Madison, WI
Maison D’Etre in Oakland, CA (my old ‘hood, I love this place!)
Twigs and Teacups: Offering Things Useful & Useless, Gifts for Giving, Gifts for Keeping, Ages 1 Month to 107 Years, in Chestertown, MD
Hubbell & Hudson, a market/ bistro/cooking school in The Woodlands, TX
The Afternoon, Unique Gifts and Artwork in Omaha, NE